Bloodworks NW and blood centers across the U.S. need your help to donate blood since they see blood shortages during the summer months.
STAR 101.5 and our parent company Sinclair Broadcast Group have partnered with the Bloodworks NW for Sinclair Cares: Roll Up Your Sleeves, kicking off on World Blood Donor Day, June 14.
If you're healthy and feeling well, please schedule your next blood donation in the days and weeks ahead. This campaign is ongoing through July 23.
The need for blood is constant, and donors are the only source of blood for those in need. You can help save lives.
Each Bloodworks NW blood drive and donation center follows the highest standards of safety and infection control. To ensure the health of staff and donors, precautions include:
- Checking temperatures of staff and donors before entering a drive to make sure they are healthy.
- Providing hand sanitizer for use before the drive, as well as throughout the donation process.
- Following social distancing between donors including entry, donation and refreshment areas.
- Ensuring face masks or coverings are worn by both staff and donors.
- Routinely disinfecting surfaces, equipment and donor-touched areas.
- Wearing gloves, and changing gloves often.
- Using sterile collection sets and an aseptic scrub for every donation.
This is the time to take care of one another, and blood donation is essential to ensuring the health of those in our community.