It's a quiet release week as "Luca," Pixar's latest animated tale comes to Blu-ray and DVD and Nicolas Cage's celebrated "Pig" is now able to rent or purchase on digital platforms.
- Pig - Nicolas Cage stars as Rob Feld, and former chef and current reclusive truffle forager. When Feld is attacked and his prize pig stolen, he embarks on a journey that will force him to face associates from his past. Reviews have been incredibly positive for "Pig" and I hope to find 90 minutes to see it for myself.
DVD and Blu-ray
- Luca - Pixar's ode to Italy is a coming-of-age drama featuring Luca and Alberto, a pair of boys sea monsters who masquerade as humans, who dream of owning a Vespa. Befriended by Guilia, a human girl, Luca becomes fascinated her books and the idea of attending school. Alberto is not impressed.
- Those Who Wish Me Dead - Angelina Jolie stars as Hannah, a smoke-jumper haunted by a lapse in judgement, who seeks redemption by helping a young man who is being stalked by two relentless assassins.
- Séance - Suki Waterhouse stars in this horror film about a group of girl-school students who look to summon the spirit of a former student who is said to haunt the school's halls. They succeed and suffer unexpected consequences.
- Here Today - Tiffany Haddish and Billy Crystal star in this romantic drama about a successful comedy writer who befriends a street singer.
- The Daimajin Trilogy - In 1966 Japanese studio Daiei Film released a trilogy of loosely connected kaiju films featuring Daimajin, a massive stone samurai Golem. The three films present similar stories about villages that are taken over by warlords forcing the inhabitants to turn to the Daimajin for help. If you like early Godzilla and Gamera films, you'll absolutely enjoy these films as well. Arrow's box set includes numerous newly recorded commentaries and interviews.
- The Transformers: The Movie Steelbook 4K UHD - To celebrate the film's 35th anniversary, Shout! Factory is releasing 1986's "The Transformers: The Movie" in 4K UHD in steelbook packaging. I've yet to see it myself but it appears that only the Widescreen version of the film has been given the 4K upgrade.
- Lucky - Written by and starring Brea Grant, "Lucky" follows a successful self-help author who is stalked by a mysterious man who every night comes to attack her in her home.