KPLZ/SANTA FM Vacation to the Disneyland Resort
OFFICIAL TEXT CONTEST RULES
Contest: SANTA FM Vacation to the Disneyland Resort
Station: Sinclair Radio of Seattle, LLC dba KPLZ
Station Address: KPLZ, 140 4th Ave N, Suite 340, Seattle, WA 98109
Contest Area: Snohomish, Thurston, Kitsap Island, Pierce, Mason, Jefferson Skagit, Kittitas, Grays Harbor, Lewis, Cowiltz, Whatcom, San Juan, Clallam and King Counties
Sponsor(s): Sinclair Radio of Seattle, LLC
Prize Provider(s): Disney Destinations, LLC
Age of Eligibility: Eighteen (18)
Contest Period: November 5, 2018 to December 7, 2018
Entries Due: 7:15 a.m. PDT, 11:15 a.m. PDT, 4:15 a.m. PDT after each keyword is announced
Entry is limited to one entry per account holder per keyword per day.
Keyword: Listen to STAR 101.5 from 6 a.m. PDT to 6 p.m. PDT program which the Station airs each weekday, and listen for the keyword located within the contest promotional spot. Note: There will be no keyword announced on November 22 and 23, 2018.
Short Code: 51200
Drawing Date(s): Each weekday (Monday through Friday) during the Contest Period approximately 15 minutes after the top of the hour after the keyword is announced. Note: There will be no drawing on November 22 and 23, 2018.
Number of Qualifiers Selected Each Weekday: Three (3)
Total Number of Qualifiers: Sixty-nine (69)
Grand Prize Drawing Date(s): November 12, 19, 26, December 3 and 10, 2018
Number of Winners on Each Drawing Date: One (1)
Total Number of Grand Prize Winners: Five (5)
Prize(s) and Value(s):
Qualifier Prize: One (1) $25 Disney Gift Card
The Disney Gift Cards are to be awarded as prizes to bona fide winners of the Sweepstakes only. . No Disney Gift Cards (or portions thereof) may be reassigned or transferred if any winner is unable to redeem such gift cards. The Disney Gift Cards are valid only at select participating locations and are subject to additional terms and conditionsGrand Prize
Disney shall provide to Promoter, to be used solely in connection with the Promotion, five (5) vacation packages for up to four (4) persons each at the Disneyland Resort (“Vacation Package(s)”). A. One (1) Vacation Package shall be awarded to each winner of the Sweepstakes conducted by Promoter in the Territory and shall consist of the following:
(i) Up to ¬¬¬¬¬four (4) round trip coach air fares on Alaska Airlines between the Seattle International airport and the Southern California airport as chosen by Disney (with possible layovers).
(ii) A voucher for up to four (4) round trip ground transfers between the Southern California airport and the Premises; provided, however, if the winner resides within 250 miles of the Premises, transfers will not be provided to the winner.
(iii) Room accommodations consisting of one (1) standard room (with a maximum of four (4) persons per room) for two (2) consecutive nights at Disneyland® Resort hotel selected by Disney in its sole discretion.
(iv) Up to four (4) Disneyland® Resort (3)- Day 1-Park Tickets good for admission to Disneyland® Park or Disney California Adventure® Park, but not to both Parks on the same day (subject to restrictions).
(b) Certain restrictions shall apply to the Vacation Packages, which restrictions shall be determined by Disney in its sole and absolute discretion. Each winner and his/her guests must travel together on the same itinerary. The Vacation Packages shall not include the following: airport departure fees and taxes; baggage fees; travel insurance; hotel room service; parking fees; laundry service; food; alcoholic beverages; merchandise, souvenirs, etc.; local and long distance telephone calls; tips, gratuities, service charges, resort fees or taxes; or all other charges not explicitly included in the packages pursuant to this Agreement. The Vacation Packages (and all elements thereof) may not be sold, redeemed for cash, traded, transferred or rescheduled, except in Disney’s sole and absolute discretion.
(a) The Vacation Packages awarded by the Station must be taken by December 15, 2019 and the winner(s) and his/their guests must travel together on the same itinerary.
(b) Vacation Package fulfillment is subject to certain restrictions and is subject to hotel availability at the Disneyland® Resort. Advanced reservations required.
(c) Winners must be at least eighteen (18) years of age to enter and win. Travelers under the age of eighteen (18) must be accompanied by a parent/legal guardian and must be at least eighteen (18) years of age.
(d) Vacation Package, Vacation Package components and Tickets may not be sold, redeemed for cash, traded, transferred, or rescheduled to dates other than as set forth above. Vacation Package components may not be separated.
(e) Certain travel restrictions apply.
(f) Saturday night stay may be required.
(g) Station is the Sponsor of the Sweepstakes.
(h) Disney, its parent, subsidiary, related and affiliated companies and their respective officers, directors employees and agents shall be released and discharged from any and all legal claims, losses injuries, demands, damages, actions, and /or causes of actions which arise out of and/or in any way related to the prize, the receipt, use and/or enjoyment of the prize and/or the Promotion.
The estimated retail value of the Vacation Package is three thousand two hundred eighty-eight Dollars ($3,288.00).
Station’s Website: www.star1015.com
Station’s Website Terms and Conditions: www.star1015.com/station/terms
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. This contest is subject to all applicable laws and regulations and is void where prohibited.
Odds of winning depend on the number of valid and correct entries received.
All capitalized terms shall have the meanings set forth above.
How to Enter
To enter, text the Keyword to the Short Code. Standard text messaging rates apply to all text message entries sent. Text STOP to Short Code to cancel. Text HELP to Short Code for help. By entering, entrants consent to and will receive up to four (4) text messages relating to this contest from an automated system. Consent is not required to buy goods and services. No mechanically reproduced or completed entries will be accepted.
How to Qualify and Win
1. One (1) Qualifier will be selected by random drawing from among valid entries received for the respective keyword, for a total of three (3) Qualifiers per weekday during the Contest Period.
2. Immediately following each Qualifier prize drawing, the Station will call the qualifier’s phone number up to three (3) times within a five (5) minute window. As a condition of qualifying, the Qualifier must answer the Station’s phone call, which will be aired on the Station. If the Qualifier cannot be immediately notified, and does not answer the Station’s phone call within the five (5) minute period, then such Qualifier will be disqualified, the prize will be forfeited, and an alternate Qualifier will be randomly selected from among remaining valid entries for the respective keyword. The foregoing process will repeat up to three times per Qualifier drawing.
3. On each Grand Prize Winner Drawing Date, the Number of Grand Prize Winners on Each Drawing Date will be randomly selected from among the valid Qualifiers selected and contacted the previous week.
1. To be eligible to participate in the Contest, entrants must be U.S. residents who are at least the Age of Eligibility, own a mobile device capable of texting, and reside in the Contest Area. Authorized account holder of the mobile telephone number associated with the entry is considered the entrant. Entrants must be a mobile service subscriber with text messaging service, using a participating service provider in order to enter via this method. Not all mobile phone providers carry the necessary service to participate.
2. Employees of Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc., Sinclair Television Group, Inc., Station (collectively, the “Company”), Sponsor(s), Prize Provider(s), short code providers, contest software providers, each of their affiliated companies, advertising and promotion agencies, any and all local television broadcast and cable stations, local radio and other media companies, and the immediate family members of each are ineligible. The term “immediate family” includes spouses, domestic partners, grandparents, parents, siblings, children, grandchildren, and any other relatives who reside in the same household with employee.
3. Residents and Citizens of the European Union are not eligible to enter or win this Contest.
Contest Terms and Conditions
1. Station is not responsible for lost, late, garbled, or misdirected entries, printing errors, server unavailability, computer or any other electronic malfunction, or if text message is not received. All entries received that are duplicate, mutilated, tampered with, incorrect, illegible, or from ineligible entrants will be void. All entries become the property of the Company and will not be acknowledged or returned.
2. Entrant’s mobile service provider may charge for each text message sent and received according to its standard text messaging rates. Entrants should check phone capabilities for specific text messaging instructions and consult with mobile service provider regarding pricing plans.
3. Station cannot be held liable for any lost or stolen entries, prizes or contest information. Station is not responsible for any technological malfunction, or human error relating to the Contest and/or the use of short-code.
4. Prizes are provided “as is” without any express or implied warranty of any kind including warranties of merchantability, non-infringement or intellectual property, or fitness for any particular purpose. Prizes are subject to the Sponsor(s) and/or Prize Provider(s) standard terms and conditions, and expiration dates. For any ticket related prizes, Station, Sponsor(s) and Prize Provider(s) are not responsible if any event or performance is cancelled or postponed. Trip related prizes are subject to advance reservation, availability and black-out dates, and do not include any meals, other transportation, gratuities, travel insurance, baggage fees, miscellaneous airline fees, excursions, spa treatments, or any other expenses. The Station, Sponsor(s) and Prize Provider(s) are not responsible for winner’s failure to take the trip by the Prize Provider’s expiration date, or cancellation of the trip by the winner.
5. Each qualifier and grand prize winner will be notified by phone. Before claiming any prize, each qualifier and grand prize winner must provide his/her correct name, address and telephone number to Station at the time of notification. Each qualifier and grand prize winner must sign and return a release and affidavit of eligibility, which must be received within three (3) days of notification (or less due to prize use time constraints), at the time the qualifier or grand prize winner claims his/her prize in person at the Station. Each qualifier and grand prize winner must show picture identification to claim his/her prize. Station reserves the right to examine additional identification and may choose to accept or deny awarding any prize based on the identification presented. All persons traveling on the trip must be 18 years of age or over, unless travelers under 18 are accompanied by at least one adult who is the parent or legal guardian of all of the minors. All persons traveling on the trip must also sign and return a release which must be returned with the grand prize winner’s release and affidavit of eligibility within three (3) days of grand prize winner’s notification.
6. If a qualifier does not timely sign and return the release and affidavit of eligibility, then the prize will be forfeited, and the prize will remain the property of the Station. If a grand prize winner cannot be notified within two (2) days, or does not timely sign and return the release and affidavit of eligibility, then the grand prize will be forfeited, and time permitting, the grand prize will be awarded to an alternate grand prize winner randomly selected from among remaining valid qualifiers for the respective week of entry. If time does not permit for an alternate grand prize winner to be selected, then the grand prize will be forfeited, and the prize will remain the property of the Station.
7. There will be no substitutions or cash alternatives for any prize except at the sole discretion of Station. The Station has the right to substitute a prize of similar value. No sale, transfer or assignment of any prize is allowed.
8. Each winner is responsible for paying all local, county, state and federal taxes on prizes based on the estimated retail value of the prizes as set forth in these rules. Each winner must sign a W-9 form.
9. Only one grand prize will be awarded per household if more than one prize is awarded.
10. The Company is not liable if the provider of any part of a prize fails to satisfy its obligations to furnish its portion of the Prize.
11. The Company, Sponsor(s), and Prize Provider(s) accept no responsibility or liability in connection with any injuries, losses or damages of any kind directly or indirectly caused by or resulting from the acceptance, possession or use of any Prize awarded in the Contest. By entering, entrants agree to release the Company, Sponsor(s), Prize Provider(s), short code providers, contest software providers, and each of their respective parent, affiliates, officers, directors, employees and agents, from any and all claims, loss, damage or injury as a result of or incident to his/her participation in the Contest or his/her use of the Prize. Entrants further acknowledge and agree that if a winner, the Company has the right to publicize entrant’s name, character, likeness, photograph, voice and the fact that entrant is a winner of the Contest for promotional purposes, without financial remuneration.
12. Complete Official Rules for the Contest are available Monday through Friday during normal business hours at the Station and on the Station’s Website. For a list of prize winners, send a separate, self-addressed, stamped envelope to the Station within thirty (30) days of the Drawing Date.
13. The Station has the right to disqualify any entrant it determines has not complied with the Contest Rules. All decisions by the Station shall be final and binding relating to this contest, including the interpretation of the Contest Rules. Station reserves the right to make rules and contest changes and change the contest dates. Station reserves the right to cancel/terminate, modify or suspend the Contest if in Station’s sole determination it believes that the integrity of the Contest has been, or could be, compromised or that the Contest is not capable of running as planned or fairly, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or force majeure or any other causes beyond the Station’s control.