STAR 101.5's Kelly Clarkson: Avengers Ticket Giveaway OFFICIAL TEXT CONTEST RULES
Contest: STAR 101.5's Kelly Clarkson: Avengers Ticket Giveaway
Station: Sinclair Radio of Seattle LLC dba KPLZ
Station Address: KPLZ, 140 4th Ave N. Suite 340, Seattle, WA. 98109
Contest Area: Snohomish, Thurston, Kitsap Island, Pierce, Mason, Jefferson, Skagit, Kittitas, Grays Harbor, Lewis, Cowlitz, Whatcom, San Juan, Clallam and King Counties
Sponsor(s): Sinclair Radio of Seattle, LLC, Fandango, Road Runner Promotion and Atlantic Records
Prize Provider(s): Sinclair Radio of Seattle LLC, Fandango, Road Runner Promotion and Atlantic Records
Age of Eligibility: Twenty-one (21)
Contest Period: Weekdays (Monday through Friday) between April 16, 2018 and 7:15 a.m. PDT on April 27, 2018.
Entries Due: 7:15 a.m. 11:15 a.m., and 4:15 p.m. PDT each weekday during the Contest Period after the respective keyword is announced.
Entry is limited to one entry per account holder per keyword.
Keyword: Listen to the Kent & Alan Morning Show, Jill Taylor Midday Show, or the Curt & Corine Afternoon Show program which the Station airs each weekday on channel 101.5 FM, and listen for the keyword located within the contest promotional spot.
Short Code: 51200
Second Place Drawing Date(s): Each weekday during the Contest Period approximately fifteen (15) minutes after the keyword is announced.
Number of Second Place Prize Winners on Each Drawing Date: Three (3)
Total Number of Second Place Winners: Twenty-eight (28)
Grand Prize Drawing Date: April 27, 2018
Number of Grand Prize Winners: One (1)
Prize(s) and Value(s):
Second Place Prize: Two (2) Fandango movie passes, valued at $24 ($12 per ticket). The prize expires one year from date of issue.
Grand Prize: A trip for two (2) to Los Angeles, California. The trip package includes roundtrip, economy class, air fares for two (2) between Seattle-Tacoma International Airport and a Los Angeles. California area airport, one (1) night hotel accommodations (one room, double occupancy), and two (2) tickets to see a private performance by Kelly Clarkson at the Voice Stage and two (2) meet and greet passes. Ground transportation is not included. Winner and his/her guest must travel together on the same itinerary. The trip must be taken on May 10, 2018 and May 11, 2018. The total value of the trip package is $1,125.
Station’s Website: www.star1015.com
Station’s Website Terms and Conditions: www.star1015.com/about/terms
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. This contest is subject to all applicable laws and regulations and is void where prohibited.
Odds of winning depend on the number of valid and correct entries received.
All capitalized terms shall have the meanings set forth above.
How to Enter
To enter, text the Keyword to the Short Code. Standard text messaging rates apply to all text message entries sent. Text STOP to Short Code to cancel. Text HELP to Short Code for help. By entering, entrants consent to and will receive up to four (4) text messages relating to this contest from an automated system. Consent is not required to buy goods and services. No mechanically reproduced or completed entries will be accepted.
How to Win
1. The Number of Second Place Winners on each Second Place Drawing Date will be selected by random drawing from among valid entries received.
2. All valid Second Place Winners will qualify to win the grand prize. On the Grand Prize Drawing Date, the Total Number of Grand Prize Winners will be selected by random drawing from among all valid Second Place Winners.
1. To be eligible to participate in the Contest, entrants must be U.S. residents who are at least the Age of Eligibility, own a mobile device capable of texting, and reside in the Contest Area. Authorized account holder of the mobile telephone number associated with the entry is considered the entrant. Entrants must be a mobile service subscriber with text messaging service, using a participating service provider in order to enter via this method. Not all mobile phone providers carry the necessary service to participate.
2. Employees of Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc., Sinclair Television Group, Inc., Station (collectively, the “Company”), Sponsor(s), Prize Provider(s), short code providers, contest software providers, each of their affiliated companies, advertising and promotion agencies, any and all local television broadcast and cable stations, local radio and other media companies, and the immediate family members of each are ineligible. The term “immediate family” includes spouses, domestic partners, grandparents, parents, siblings, children, grandchildren, and any other relatives who reside in the same household with employee.
Contest Terms and Conditions
1. Station is not responsible for lost, late, garbled, or misdirected entries, printing errors, server unavailability, computer or any other electronic malfunction, or if text message is not received. All entries received that are duplicate, mutilated, tampered with, incorrect, illegible, or from ineligible entrants will be void. All entries become the property of the Company and will not be acknowledged or returned.
2. Entrant’s mobile service provider may charge for each text message sent and received according to its standard text messaging rates. Entrants should check phone capabilities for specific text messaging instructions and consult with mobile service provider regarding pricing plans.
3. Station cannot be held liable for any lost or stolen entries, prizes or contest information. Station is not responsible for any technological malfunction, or human error relating to the Contest and/or the use of short-code.
4. Prizes are provided “as is” without any express or implied warranty of any kind including warranties of merchantability, non-infringement or intellectual property, or fitness for any particular purpose. Prizes are subject to the Sponsor(s) and/or Prize Provider(s) standard terms and conditions, and expiration dates. For any ticket related prizes, Station, Sponsor(s) and Prize Provider(s) are not responsible if any event or performance is cancelled or postponed. Any trip related prizes are subject to advance reservation, availability and black-out dates, and do not include any meals, other transportation, gratuities, travel insurance, baggage fees, miscellaneous airline fees, excursions, spa treatments, or any other expenses. The Station, Sponsor(s) and Prize Provider(s) are not responsible for winner’s failure to take the trip by the Prize Provider’s expiration date, or cancellation of the trip by the winner.
5. Each winner will be notified by phone. Before claiming any prize, each winner must provide his/her correct name, address and telephone number to Station at the time of notification. Each winner must sign and return a release and affidavit of eligibility, which must be received within three (3) days of notification (or less due to prize use time constraints), at the time winner claims his/her prize in person at the Station. Each winner must show picture identification to claim his/her prize. Station reserves the right to examine additional identification and may choose to accept or deny awarding any prize based on the identification presented. If the prize is a trip, all persons traveling on the trip must be 21 years of age or over, unless travelers under 18 are accompanied by at least one adult who is the parent or legal guardian of all of the minors. All persons traveling on the trip must also sign and return a release which must be returned with the winner’s release and affidavit of eligibility within three (3) days of winner’s notification.
6. If a Second Place Winner cannot be notified within two (2) days, or does not timely sign and return the release and affidavit of eligibility, then the prize will be forfeited, and an alternate winner will not be selected. If a Grand Prize Winner cannot be notified within two (2) days, or does not timely sign and return the release and affidavit of eligibility, then the prize will be forfeited, and time permitting, the prize will be awarded to an alternate winner randomly selected from among remaining valid Second Place Winners. If time does not permit for an alternate Grand Prize Winner to be selected, then the prize will be forfeited, and the Grand Prize will remain the property of the Station.
7. There will be no substitutions or cash alternatives for any prize except at the sole discretion of Station. The Station has the right to substitute a prize of similar value. No sale, transfer or assignment of any prize is allowed.
8. Each winner is responsible for paying all local, county, state and federal taxes on prizes based on the estimated retail value of the prizes as set forth in these rules. Each winner must sign a W-9 form.
9. The Company is not liable if the provider of any part of a prize fails to satisfy its obligations to furnish its portion of the prize.
10. The Company, Sponsor(s), and Prize Provider(s) accept no responsibility or liability in connection with any injuries, losses or damages of any kind directly or indirectly caused by or resulting from the acceptance, possession or use of any prize awarded in the Contest. By entering, entrants agree to release the Company, Sponsor(s), Prize Provider(s), short code providers, contest software providers, and each of their respective parent, affiliates, officers, directors, employees and agents, from any and all claims, loss, damage or injury as a result of or incident to his/her participation in the Contest or his/her use of the Prize. Entrants further acknowledge and agree that if a winner, the Company has the right to publicize entrant’s name, character, likeness, photograph, voice and the fact that entrant is a winner of the Contest for promotional purposes, without financial remuneration.
11. Complete Official Rules for the Contest are available Monday through Friday during normal business hours at the Station and on the Station’s Website. For a list of prize winners, send a separate, self-addressed, stamped envelope to the Station within thirty (30) days of the Drawing Date.
12. The Station has the right to disqualify any entrant it determines has not complied with the Contest Rules. All decisions by the Station shall be final and binding relating to this contest, including the interpretation of the Contest Rules. Station reserves the right to make rules and contest changes and change the contest dates. Station reserves the right to cancel/terminate, modify or suspend the Contest if in Station’s sole determination it believes that the integrity of the Contest has been, or could be, compromised or that the Contest is not capable of running as planned or fairly, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or force majeure or any other causes beyond the Station’s control.