KVI and STAR 101.5's Free Gas and Cash Giveaway
OFFICIAL TEXT CONTEST RULES
Contest: KVI and STAR 101.5's Free Gas and Cash Giveaway
Station: Sinclair Radio Seattle, LLC dba KVI and KPLZ
Station Address: KVI & KPLZ, 140 4th Avenue North, Suite 340, Seattle, WA. 98109
Contest Area: Snohomish, Thurston, Kitsap Island, Pierce, Mason, Jefferson, Skagit, Kittitas, Grays Harbor, Lewis, Cowlitz, Whatcom, San Juan, Clallam and King Counties
Sponsor(s): Sinclair Radio of Seattle, LLC
Prize Provider(s): Sinclair Radio of Seattle, LLC, Safeway
Age of Eligibility: Eighteen (18)
Contest Period: September 17, 2018 to October 19, 2018
Entries Due: 7:15 A.M. PDT and within the first 15 minutes of the hour after each keyword is announced each weekday during the Contest Period.
Entry is limited to one entry per account holder per key word.
Keyword: Listen for the keyword to text in the promotional spot during the following radio programs:
· “Commute with Carlson” Morning Show with John Carlson which KVI airs each weekday on channel 570 from 6 a.m. to 9 a.m. PDT,
· The Markley and van Camp Show which KVI airs each weekday, on channel 570 from 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. PDT,
· The Lars Larson NW Show which KVI airs each weekday, on channel 570 from 12:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m. PDT
· The Kirby Wilbur Afternoon show which KVI airs each weekday, on channel 570 from 3 p.m. to 6 p.m. PDT
· The Kent & Alan Morning Show which KPLZ airs each weekday, on channel 101.5 from 6 a.m. to 10 a.m. PDT
· The Jill Taylor Midday Show which KPLZ airs each weekday, on channel 101.5 from 10:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. PDT
· The Curt and Corine Show which KPLZ airs each weekday, on channel 101.5 from 3 p.m. to 7 p.m. PDT
Short Code: 51200
Daily Prize Drawing Date(s): Each weekday during the Contest Period, approximately fifteen (15) minutes after the keyword is announced.
Number of Daily Prize Winners on Each Drawing Date: Two (2)
Total Number of Daily Prize Winners: Fifty (50)
Grand Prize Drawing Date: October 22, 2018.
Total Number of Grand Prize Winners: One (1)
Prize(s) and Value(s):
Daily Prize: One (1) $500 gift card to a local gas station.
Grand Prize: A check in the amount of $5,000.
Station’s Website: www.kvi.com and www.star1015.com
Station’s Website Terms and Conditions: www.kvi.com/about/terms www.star1015.com/about/terms
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. This contest is subject to all applicable laws and regulations and is void where prohibited.
Odds of winning depend on the number of valid and correct entries received.
All capitalized terms shall have the meanings set forth above.
How to Enter
To enter, text the Keyword to the Short Code. Standard text messaging rates apply to all text message entries sent. Text STOP to Short Code to cancel. Text HELP to Short Code for help. Each entrant will receive up to four (4) text messages per month from an automated system. By entering, entrants consent to and will receive up to four (4) text messages relating to this contest from an automated system. Consent is not required to buy goods and services. No mechanically reproduced or completed entries will be accepted.
How to Win
The Number of Daily Prize Winners on each Daily Prize Drawing Date will be selected by random drawing from among valid entries received. Remaining valid entries will not carry over to the next Daily Prize Drawing Date.
Number of Daily Prize Winners are selected, As a condition of winning, the Daily Prize Winner must answer the Station’s phone call, which will be aired on the Station. If the Daily Prize Winner cannot be immediately notified, and does not answer the Station’s phone call within the five (5) minute period, then such Daily Prize Winner will be disqualified, the prize will be forfeited, and an alternate Daily Prize Winner will be randomly selected from remaining valid entries. The process will repeat up to three times per drawing.
All valid Daily Prize Winners are eligible to win the Grand Prize. On the Grand Prize Drawing Date, one (1) grand prize winner will be selected by random drawing from all valid Daily Winners.
1. To be eligible to participate in the Contest, entrants must be U.S. residents who are at least the Age of Eligibility, own a mobile device capable of texting, and reside in the Contest Area. Authorized account holder of the mobile telephone number associated with the entry is considered the entrant. Entrants must be a mobile service subscriber with text messaging service, using a participating service provider to enter via this method. Not all mobile phone providers carry the necessary service to participate.
2. Employees of Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc., Sinclair Television Group, Inc., Station (collectively, the “Company”), Sponsor(s), Prize Provider(s), short code providers, contest software providers, each of their affiliated companies, advertising and promotion agencies, any and all local television broadcast and cable stations, local radio and other media companies, and the immediate family members of each are ineligible. The term “immediate family” includes spouses, domestic partners, grandparents, parents, siblings, children, grandchildren, and any other relatives who reside in the same household with employee.
3. Residents and Citizens of the European Union are not eligible to enter or win this Contest.
Contest Terms and Conditions
1. Station is not responsible for lost, late, garbled, or misdirected entries, printing errors, server unavailability, computer or any other electronic malfunction, or if text message is not received. All entries received that are duplicate, mutilated, tampered with, incorrect, illegible, or from ineligible entrants will be void. All entries become the property of the Company and will not be acknowledged or returned.
2. Entrant’s mobile service provider may charge for each text message sent and received according to its standard text messaging rates. Entrants should check phone capabilities for specific text messaging instructions and consult with mobile service provider regarding pricing plans.
3. Station cannot be held liable for any lost or stolen entries, prizes or contest information. Station is not responsible for any technological malfunction, or human error relating to the Contest and/or the use of short-code.
4. Prizes are provided “as is” without any express or implied warranty of any kind including warranties of merchantability, non-infringement or intellectual property, or fitness for any particular purpose. Prizes are subject to the Sponsor(s) and/or Prize Provider(s) standard terms and conditions, and expiration dates. For any ticket related prizes, Station, Sponsor(s) and Prize Provider(s) are not responsible if any event or performance is cancelled or postponed.
5. Each winner will be notified by phone. Before claiming any prize, each winner must provide his/her correct name, address and telephone number to Station at the time of notification. Each winner must sign and return a release and affidavit of eligibility, which must be received within three (3) days of notification (or less due to prize use time constraints), at the time winner claims his/her prize in person at the Station. Each winner must show picture identification to claim his/her prize. Station reserves the right to examine additional identification and may choose to accept or deny awarding any prize based on the identification presented.
6. If a Daily Prize Winner does not timely sign and return the release and affidavit of eligibility, then the Daily Prize will be forfeited, and another Daily Winner will not be selected, and the Daily Prize will remain the property of the Station. If the Grand Prize Winner cannot be notified within two (2) days, or does not timely sign and return the release and affidavit of eligibility, then the Grand Prize will be forfeited, and the Grand Prize will be awarded to an alternate Grand Prize Winner randomly selected from among remaining valid Daily Prize Winners.
7. There will be no substitutions or cash alternatives for any prize except at the sole discretion of Station. The Station has the right to substitute a prize of similar value. No sale, transfer or assignment of any prize is allowed.
8. Each winner is responsible for paying all local, county, state and federal taxes on prizes based on the estimated retail value of the prizes as set forth in these rules. Each winner must sign a W-9 form.
9. The Company is not liable if the provider of any part of a prize fails to satisfy its obligations to furnish its portion of the prize.
10. The Company, Sponsor(s), and Prize Provider(s) accept no responsibility or liability in connection with any injuries, losses or damages of any kind directly or indirectly caused by or resulting from the acceptance, possession or use of any Prize awarded in the Contest. By entering, entrants agree to release the Company, Sponsor(s), Prize Provider(s), short code providers, contest software providers, and each of their respective parent, affiliates, officers, directors, employees and agents, from any and all claims, loss, damage or injury as a result of or incident to his/her participation in the Contest or his/her use of the Prize. Entrants further acknowledge and agree that if a winner, the Company has the right to publicize entrant’s name, character, likeness, photograph, voice and the fact that entrant is a winner of the Contest for promotional purposes, without financial remuneration.
11. Complete Official Rules for the Contest are available Monday through Friday during normal business hours at the Station and on the Station’s Website. For a list of prize winners, send a separate, self-addressed, stamped envelope to the Station within thirty (30) days of the Drawing Date.
12. The Station has the right to disqualify any entrant it determines has not complied with the Contest Rules. All decisions by the Station shall be final and binding relating to this contest, including the interpretation of the Contest Rules. Station reserves the right to make rules and contest changes and change the contest dates. Station reserves the right to cancel/terminate, modify or suspend the Contest if in Station’s sole determination it believes that the integrity of the Contest has been, or could be, compromised or that the Contest is not capable of running as planned or fairly, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or force majeure or any other causes beyond the Station’s control.