Was everything really better in the 1980s? Apparently so, according to Nat Geo's new miniseries, "The 80s: The Decade that Made Us," which found that most people feel a hefty amount of nostalgia for the days of Cosby sweaters and afternoon specials. But let's be honest: Your best memories of the 80s probably involve someone's Grand-Am and a very special cassette tape, right?
According to Nat Geo's survey of 1,000 people, these are the decade's best makeout songs:
- "Every Breath You Take," by The Police (36 percent), followed by Lionel Richie's
- "Hello," by Lionel Richie
- "I Need Love," by LL Cool J
- "Careless Whisper," by Wham!
- "Don't Dream It's Over," by Crowded House
The list somehow did not include Peter Gabriel's "In Your Eyes."