Protesters demonstrated outside Louis C.K.'s comedy show in New York on Monday night.
The disgraced comedian took time out of the spotlight after he was accused of sexual misconduct in an expose in November 2017. Five women recalled instances where he would masturbate in front of them or ask them if he could, and the "Louie" star subsequently issued a statement admitting the claims were all true.
He began making his comedy comeback in August, appearing unannounced at comedy shows in New York. He delivered his fifth stand-up routine on Monday, but it was the first time he was announced on the bill beforehand, and protesters showed up at the Comedy Cellar in Greenwich Village in New York City to express their outrage ahead of his two shows, one at 9:30 pm and another at 11:30 pm.
One protester, 27-year-old Lana McCray, told New York Post's Page Six he should not be welcomed back to the stage, saying, "He sexually harassed a bunch of women and lied about it for years... He shouldn't feel comfortable performing here when he makes so many people feel uncomfortable because of what he does. He shouldn't get to feel comfortable."
Photos obtained by the publication shows one woman holding a sign which read, "When you support Louis C.K. you tell women that your laughter is more important than their sexual assaults and loss of their careers."
Another held a sign bearing the message, "Does this sign make you uncomfortable Louis?"
One attendee of the show said it was "not polished" but he did acknowledge the scandal, while another said the set was good but "nowhere near the best."
During a routine earlier this month, the 51-year-old joked that he "lost $35 million in an hour" following the expose, which led to him losing deals with HBO and Netflix, and having the release of his film "I Love You, Daddy" cancelled.